Hey! I am a final year electronics undergrad student at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI). Throughout my undergrad I have explored many fields be it Robotics, Computer Vision, Data Science etc. The one that struck with me is Computer Vision.
The thing that fascinates me the most is how humans are able to percieve the environment through visual sensory organs and specially how babies are able to interpret this information and learn. The long-term goal is to emulate the same behaviour in machines specially in self-driving cars.
Currently, I am working on deepfakes detection as part of my undergrad thesis. Previously, I have worked a lot in the field of video analytics through internships and personal projects.
I am open for opportunities in the field of computer vision and robotics.
MITACS Global Research Intern @ University Of Dalhousie 2021
Research InternMay 2021 - August 2021
- Researched on basic image processing and deep learning algorithms to detect strawberries and flowers in strawberry fields.
- Developed an algorithm to segregate between ripe and unripe strawberries.
- Developed a system to detect, track and count strawberries and flowers which is going to be deployed on a drone in the future.
- Developed and Deployed a website for the lab to ease training and getting inference from the model.
- Working on a research paper titled "Real-time counting of strawberries and flowers in fields using CNN" (Unpublished).
- Report: Link
AI ML and Edge Computing InternJune 2020 - August 2021 and December 2020 - April 2021
- Worked on toll automation and traffic violation detection project.
- Trained and utilized YOLO network and SORT algorithm to detect and count common Indian vehicles.
- Developed and trained a ANPR network to detect and store vehicle number plates.
- Developed a GUI application to integrate different types of traffic violations.
- Deployed and optimized the GUI application to deploy on edge devices like NVIDIA AGX XAVIER.
Machine learning consultantMarch 2021 - April 2021
- Researched and provided code for grouping text in a page.
- Worked on OCR models to detect and store text in the groupings.